Monday, May 10, 2004

At the start of this new week, I realize it's going to be quite busy, besides watching a lot of hockey, I'm going to finish up my ezine for the month plus read a couple of books I have on the go.

I'm also going to read a manuscript of poetry by a friend of mine Les Wicks. He's quite a person and I met him through the pages of my ezine. He also introduced me to the fascinating world of Australian poetry. The poets down there have an amazing voice, probably a result of the fascinating land they live in. The title of the book is "STORIES OF THE FEET", and it examines the landscape of the continent, but don't think for a moment that Les has become some sort of 19th century Romantic in communion with Nature, he examines the landscape with the eye towards realith and the grittiness of life. Sounds like a review doesn't it? Well, I'm not finished reading it, but when I do, I'll post it in the ezine and put a link.


Peace

No comments: