Thursday, November 04, 2004

I've been accused of not being a true blue conservative, you know that was the nicest thing a person has said to me all day. They stated that I gave my comment on the alledged 'faith' of one George W. Bush. I feel he is a charlatan, a man who mouths the right platitudes but it means nothing. He espouses 'Christian' values, however if you listen closely he actually espouses hate. Hate for anyone who isn't like him. That's an odd thing to call 'Christian'. I was watching a clip of the Reverands Jesse Jackson and Jerry Falwell; it was interesting. Falwell was going on about hunting down and killing 'those' in the name of the Lord. What was interesting is that if he wore a beard and had a turban on his head instead of a suit and said "Allah", you would have thought he was Osama. Then again I have a question for him and his followers; when he said 9-11 was God's "punishment" for the feminists and gays that New York City is filled with, is he saying the terrorists were doing God's will? Funny that's what the terrorist said. So how can he be against them when they are simply, by his own comments, doing the will of God.

As I have said in earlier blogs, I am a Christian and I consider myself an evangelical. However I don't believe faith should be used as a means of dividing people. It will divide people that's plain enough but it should never be the means of instilling hatred in people. Bush and the Republican party takes the name of God as justification for their evil ways. They say 'pro-life' when the only time they say that is for the unborn. Once they're born, they're fodder. There is no compassion, they demonize everyone who is 'different'. This is wrong. James said this "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.". This is true religion, maybe if Bush and his ilk practiced it, I would be less dubious of his claims.

Peace

No comments: