Saturday, October 28, 2006
Thank You Tigers
Okay, it's over. The Tigers lost in 5. Their pitching staff made five errors and the Cardinals scored 8 unearned runs. The Tigers batted a huge .108.
Now, that's the bad news. Indeed there will be enough discussion over those numbers for the next few weeks. All those nay sayers will show how this proved the Tigers did not deserve to be in the World Series and other such nonsense.
Yes, they were 19-31 over the last 50 and they blew 3 games at home against the KC Royals. There, it's all been said, for all those clowns at ESPN who are still crabbing about the lack of a New York based team in the World Series, it has been duly noted. Now consider this:
1) The Tigers improved 24 games over last year.
2) The humbled the much vaulted New York Yankees in four games, even though after game one everyone was saying what frauds the Tigers were.
3) They swept the Oakland A's.
4) They led the majors in pitching throughout the year.
5) They have a lot of young players who will only get better
Can you imagine what this series will do for; Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya, Rodney, Granderson, Munroe and all the others. How about Inge and the few who remember the 119 loss season. This will be a team that will want nothing more then to repeat. Remember 2 years ago the Cardinals were swept by the RedSoxs.
Oh yes, congratulations Cardinals, you played hard and in the end deserved this win.
One more thing, pitchers and catchers report on February 15, 2007, and you want to believe there will be a lot of fielding practice for the pitchers that week.