Monday, December 05, 2005

Free Office Suite


Thought I would take a few minutes to talk about my new favourite office suite. As you can see by the title, I've included the word "free".

No, I'm not talking about downloading some illegal copy of Microsoft Office, rather I'm talking about Open Office 2.0. It's available at this website. It features all you want in a suite, a word processor, spreadsheet, database and a presentation program. I've been using it and truly enjoying it. There was a bit of a learning curve just finding the features I require that I was familiar with, once that happened I'm off and running.

I highly recommend this latest manifeatation. Also, because it's open source we can all play a part in its enhancement and improvement.

Support Open Source Software.

Peace

No comments: