Saturday, April 01, 2006


Sudoku

Yes, I will admit it. I've become interested in Sudoku. One article I read suggests this is the Rubik's Cube of the 21st century. I was visiting someone and saw a small book of Sudoku and became interested. The local paper has been running sudoku puzzles every day, but I didn't take the time to read the rules. However, this person told me I could pick up a book for $0.99 at a local bargain store and so today I did.

Let me tell you, this is interesting and what's even more interesting is the availability of the game on the internet. One site offers daily sudoku puzzles for printing.

The rules are straightforward enough:
Fill in the grid so that every row,
every column, and every 3x3 box
contains the digits 1 through 9.


Of course that's where the fun comes in. Trying to figure out where the numbers go, not only in the small grid, but both horizontal and vertical.


There are all sorts of tips and strategy pages out there, so discover this fascinating game.

No comments: