Monday, July 18, 2005

Ian on Cats and Endangered Small Wild Cat Species - The Official Jethro Tull Website

While the article is a few years old, it still worth a read. I've been a fan of Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson for over 20 year, perhaps even thirty years and I was impressed to read about his concern about the wild cats of the world.

I suppose it's easy for us to think all cats are domesticated but it's not true at all. There are still a number of species that are wild and now require our help. It's a project worth supporting, especially if you are a cat fancier.

I recall and i wish I could find the quote, 'a cat is as close to a tiger as most men will come". It's true, we all have a tiger in our homes, if we have a cat. Notice I didn't say, 'own' because as more then one person has said, no one owns a cat. The cat allows us the indulgance of thinking such thoughts but in the end, it does as it pleases and still expects us to feed it.

Peace

No comments: