Sunday, September 26, 2004

G4techTV - The Screen Savers

This past week on Screen Savers, Cat Schwartz was one of the co-hosts. The reason for this was due to the fact Sarah Lane lost her father to cancer. Certainly this is very sad news and my thoughts and prayers are for Sarah.

It was great to watch Cat in action, she is a breathe of fresh air. Let me say I'm not a big fan of the G4-TechTV merger. The stable of G4 shows are for the most part lame, and while I do appreciate the fact gaming is a huge business, to have a whole network for it is ludicrious. Shows like "Arena" and any of the Vic and Tommy review shows are awful. I mean X-Play with Adam and Morgan give far better reviews.

I can't believe the producers and directors allowed Alec to take a baseball bat to that Mac. I mean it was a beautiful machine wrecked for some dumb purpose. Cat sure wrapped her lovely arms around her iBook after that dispaly of wanton destruction. Iassure you they would never have allowed on that on the old "The Screen Savers", although that would be more due to the large and loud Mac audience they usually had. Can you imagine trying that when MacWorld was on and with all those MacGeeks in the audience. I'm sure more then a few would have thrown their bodies on the machine and the rest would have wrestled the bat from Alec and then applied a liitle noCal justice to him.

Still Cat was great this past week and I hope, hope that the powers that run G4TechTV will come to their senses and realize they've ruined some great chemistry. Bring back Cat! Bring back Patrick! I'm glad to see Leo back with Call for Help. The show is getting better and better. Keep Kevin. Keep Sarah.

Peace

No comments: